Appropriate gift for midwife?

My midwife will be returning back to work next week after giving birth to twins. I absolutely adore my midwife (I've missed her!) and would really like to get her and/or her babies a gift. I'm not sure what is appropriate though, as I don't know the gender or when they were born. Any ideas??

Also, what would you give your midwife after she delivers your baby to show your gratitude? I've got about 10 weeks to go in this pregnancy and still have no ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Birth art or a tasteful birth statuette? Or if she seems the type to like it, maybe a piece of jewellery with the motherhood symbol? I gave a friend who became a midwife a gorgeous Matryoshka doll (the idea out woman comes woman). She loved it.

Wishing you a fabulous birth,

JES xxx
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 12:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• well, how much do you want to spend? I gave mine a card with a picture of my kids because I couldn't afford anything else. But maybe some bath stuff, or baked goods if you want a homemade thing. You can put together a basket full of different things, like the bath stuff, homemade cookies etc, a cup with tea or hot chocolate, or whatever else comes to mind.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• oh and for the kids, maybe one of those thing here you can do a foot print or a hand print, those are neat
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• a card with a basket of pampering stuff to use in the bath tub and maybe a gift card she can use to buy clothes for her kids. I dont know sorry. i also have a midwife and im having a home birth. my midwife is into essential oils and organic eating like me. but i think she is christian.
    Anonymous