Is there anyone else not having a big feast for Christmas dinner?

First off, I don't care if you celebrate Christmas or not. I don't care if you consider it a religious Holiday or not. I'm specifically asking about the meal, not your beliefs.

There's only going to be four adults and two kids for dinner this Christmas, so I'm skipping the big to-do for dinner. Are you skipping the big meal too and just having a "Whatever is made, is made" kind of dinner?

What are you and your family eating for Christmas dinner?

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 2:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• Im making a breakfast caserole, then i think were going to my grandmas house, she ussually cooks, but after Thanksgiving there was NO WAY i was making ANOTHER big meal!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I told my husband that i will not be making christmas dinner, Im odering boston market...Thanksgiving wore me out .
    shareemonique

Answer by shareemonique at 2:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• we're going to be at my parents for Christmas so I don't have to cook, but my BF and I will be alone together on Christmas Eve and we decided we'd just order sushi.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• We're def doing something smaller than thanksgiving... Thanksgiving wore me completely out...
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 2:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• In the past month I've done meals for Thanksgiving, Hubby's Bday, Chanukh,, Yule and I have one to do for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years day. I am stressed and burned out on all these meals. Thankfully hubby has been helping out with the every night meals. So we are doing something less formal for Christmas and I am going to to up most of the food in advance tomarrow. We are having ham, potoato salad, fruit salad, broccoli, rolls, apple pie, fudge and mimosas to drink.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nothing, we are not celebrating it and we are gonna just eat like a regular day. I dont know what we are gonna make lol. we had tacos yesterday and pasta on Yule. soooo i can care less about xmas
    Anonymous

• Nope, no big meal this year. Probably appetizers at DH dad's house for Christmas Eve. Then over to DH mom's house to sleep over & then we'll be gone by afternoon to get DD to her grandma's house on her bio dads side. No time for a nice sit down Christmas dinner.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• we r going out to eat!! i dont wanna cook,we all deserve a break!!!
    coffeefreak996

Answer by coffeefreak996 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• This storm is keeping my family from making it to Christmas so we will wait and have a big dinner on Sunday or Monday when they are able to get here.
    Anonymous

• It's just me dh, ds and me. It used to include my brother (and maybe a stray or two) but we moved several states away and won't be seeing them.
    We are having a ham. My dh loves them and it's the only time of the year we are willing to splurge on one. We are eating in the family room/dining room near the fireplace too, because my ds thinks it is the neatest thing ever.
    We are also having a special breakfast too. My two boys have requested a few special foods.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009