dressing them alike

WHY must people dress their same sex children, different ages in the EXACT SAME OUTFIT!?!?! omg this is sooooooo effin annoying! they're NOT twins and it's NOT cute!! my SIL dresses all 3 of her different aged girls in the EXACT same thing constantly! drives me & DH up the friggin wall [as well as my MIL haha and that's her own daughter]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think dressing twins in the same outfits is just plain weird. i don't care if it's the same outfit, different colors. they're an indiviual, dress them that way.
    Anonymous

• I think it looks really cute! I dress my 8 year old daughter and my 13 month old son is "matching" outfits (same fabric, different patterns - her a sundress, him shortalls) that my MIL makes. And I just bought my 13 month old son, my 9 year old son, and my 13 year old son the same sweater to wear to church on Sunday. My older sons don't care, but my daughter LOVES matching her baby brother and I love it!
    I also love seeing little girls all in matching dresses. My older sister and I are 2 years apart and my mom used to dress us the same sometimes when we were little, and when we were older (teens) we used to buy a lot of the same outfits maybe in different colors but the same, by choice

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I dunno....maybe they think it is cool.....maybe they hit a great sale? Either way I figure live and let live.
    Anonymous

• My step kids are fertirnal GIRLS. tHEY GOT DRESSED UP IN THE SAME OUTFIT, DIFFERENT COLORS. It was very cute! with one of each sex, the exact same outfits would be strange. Though similiar outfits can look good for picture, ect.
    My sister bought me, my mom, and herself the same white sweaters. First, I thought it was wierd, (my grandparents used to give identical PJs and hideous sweaters to ALL the grandkids for X-mas GROSS) but now, I think it would be funny, and a good picture to have all of us in the same shirts. It's gotta have class or it'll be too cliche.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My daughers are 16 mo. apart. I used to dress them alike. Even though they look very different. My younger one had long blond hair my older one had short dark blond curls. I loved it when I found a cute dress that worked on both of them. Usually it was for a special occasion. Perhaps a wedding or a work picnic. Christmas photo's they wore the same thing and my son who is 17 mo. older wore a suit jacket in red or navy. He never did match the girls. That may have been a bit too much. Now that my daughters are teens they are so far apart on their preferences
    I just think it is cute. Sorry you hate it so much. I am pretty sure there are some things you do that people find down right annoying. lOL Just try not to think about it so hard. It is just fun..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think its cute.. I'm due in about 6 weeks or less if she comes early with my second daughter, and I plan on dressing them in the same outfit same color SOMETIMES, not all the time, I think that would be kinda weird, and get boring after a while, but for the most part sometimes is ok I think:).
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My mom used to do it to me and my sisters, I don't see why it bothers you so much. Like out of all the things in the world that could annoy you, you had to pick something that doesn't matter in the least. My son's are 21 months apart and they wear the same or very similar outfits for the holidays (easter, thanksgiving, and christmas) and if I find a cute outfit that's in both of their sizes and it's on sale I'm going to buy it for both of them, sorry it annoys you that badly.
    Anonymous

• I think it can be cute for pictures or special occaissions, but doing it very often would seem strange. My 13 year old actually thinks it's really cool when she can find similar outfits for her and her two year old sister. On the other hand, I always hated it when my grandmother bought me and my sister matching outfits.
    Anonymous

• my girls have like two outfits that match, but i don't like matching outfits either. my mom is all about getting matching for my daughter and her cousins, i think its gay lol i think the same as some that each kid has their own personality and im so glad she didn't do that with me when i was little, but she did with my brothers lol
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 3:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• notice you're all dressing your little girls in the same outfits... of course people with little girls would think this is cute. maybe dressing them in COORDINATING colors for pictures maybe but not EXACT MATCHING outfits. have you ever looked at akwardfamilyphotos.com? yea that's what happens when you dress your kids alike for pictures.
    Anonymous