how long can u dilate 1 cm. before anything happens?

im 35 weeks pregnant and dilated to 1...im jw if it will be soon, or can take the rest of the 5 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could defintely take another five weeks or more! I was dialated 1 cm for about 4 weeks and then 2 for another 2 weeks. It is more the effecing or thining of the cervix that is a tell tale if you are going to be going into labor. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Weeks or just minutes. I was 4cm for a little over a week with my fourth. It really just depends on your body and each pregnancy is different.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Lets see with my 1st I was dilated at 2 at 36 , 4cm at 37, and 5cm at 38 - I had her at 38w
    2nd I was dilated to 2 at 32 weeks..... 4cm at 36...5cm at 39 and had him at 40w/1d
    3rd - I was dilated at 2 at 32 weeks again and stayed at 2cm until the day before I had her and I had her at 40w/0d.

So basically - it's different for most women, but as long as you are not having consistant contractions (not Braxton-Hicks) - you could still be several weeks away from delivery. I mean I stayed at 2cm for 8 weeks with my last 2 (and both of them weighed well over 9lbs). Just go on about your normal life..... and relax....

Congrats.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 2:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was dilated to 5 cm for about 3 weeks...I had her at 39 weeks... Congrats and get some rest before the baby comes!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i was 4 cm for 10 wks. 1 cm doesnt mean anything at all. you can have the baby next week or be overdue
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Not to scare you but I stayed dilated 1 for like 2 months.
    MoM.i.aM

Answer by MoM.i.aM at 3:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You can stay dialated even 5cm's for a while. That unfortunately doesn't determin much.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2009