WIC

Can WIC checks be used in any state. For example, if I receive WIC from the state of Florida, can I use my checks in CT ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, they can pnly be used in your county I believe but I know that I couldn't use the ones from Il in WI.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• nope. cuz every state has different guidelines..
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• in NC they can be used anywhere in NC,
    Anonymous

• No. Every state has different regulations that they have to follow, but don't coordinate with another state. It would be soo much easier if you could use your WIC from state to state, but each state is allowed to add/subtract their own rules. Mainly because they do what is best for their community. Ontop of that, some states don't use the checks anymore. Indiana still uses the checks, which I found out the hard way. Michigan has a Bridge card that we use to get our wic benefits. It's like a debit card, but without any option of cash back. It've never used the checks, but I find the card soo convient. I just wish Walmart let you use the WIC card at any register (including the self checkout) like Meijer does.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nope. It is a state administered program which operates differently in each state.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• No you cant. If you are visiting another state Id suggest getting what you need before. If you have moved then go to the WIC office in that area.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nope. They can however be used anywhere in the state they are issued.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2009