How would you had handled this?

We went to a family gathering the other day and I saw one of my nieces whom I thought we were so close (I hadn't seen her in 2 yrs. but we stayed in touch throught the phone) but at the gathering she was like 5 feet away from me and we had eye contact and instead of her coming towards me (which I know I could have done the same thing... but the way it happened it called for her to come to me) anyway she just looked away and greeted everyone else. I thought that was sooo rude of her and I was hurt. So now it has been another 2 yrs. gone by and I don't talk to her as often (I am still hurt in away but at the same time she hasn't called either) I don't want to chase her butt about this...what could I have done? We are up there in age and I have no time for this...I pretty much let it go in away I guess, but it does make me upset when I think about it. Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nobody on here can tell you what you may or may not have done... If it really bothers you, just ask her. Say "I know in the past couple of years we haven't been as close as we used to be, and I really miss that. What can we do to get back to that place?". Either she'll tell you, and you can figure things out, or she won't want to work on things, which would be sad, but at least you'd know one way or another...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree with the first poster.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Listen. It's a two way street. You could've went up to her just as much as she could've went up to you. She could've called just as much as you could've called. If the other person isn't meeting you halfway, then there isn't much a friendship there.

I agree with anouck.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Confront her about it. It may be petty, life is too short to wonder why/
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 3:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2009