DO YOU THINK SHOWS LIKE BAD GIRLS CLUB, ALL OVER THE TV THESES DAYS

HURTS OUR CHILDREN? TEACHES THEM ITS COOL TO DRESS IN HEELS AND FIGHT. WELL IF YOU CAN CALL THE SCRAPS OF MATERIAL THEY WEAR DRESSES. DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD TAKE THEM OFF T.V. TEACH YOUNG LADIES MANNERS INSTEAD..?WOULDN'T IT BE MORE BENEFICAL TO HAVE SHOWS OF KIDS HELPING T THE COMMUNITIES,WHO BEHAVE AND DON'T GET THE RECOGNITION ,THE BAD KIDS GET IT ALL???FOR BEING ROTTEN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• First of all, take the caps lock off. You're yelling at us when you write in all caps.

Secondly, yes a lot of TV has bad influences. There's suggestive material, violence, provocative clothing, profanity, vulger images, and the list goes on. However, it is not the responsibility of the media to teach our children what is and isn't appropriate. We as parents have an obligation to teach our children the difference between what is appropriate and what isn't. We have the responsibility to them and to the future of this country to guide them.

It really bothers me what the FCC and some parents believe should be taken off of TV. I understand there is a lot of violence and sex on TV that children are influenced by. However, if you as a parent aren't stepping inbetween your child and what they watch, then they are going to follow the media's influence. (Contin.)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I believe that television in general is harmful to our children because almost nothing that is on tv is really suitable for children. On abcfamily, I was watching the Secret Life of the American Teenager and the show discusses nothing but sex all of the time for 14 year old children. The messages that our youth are receiving is that it is ok to have sex all of the time, it is ok to be mean, it is ok to drink all of the time, it is ok to behave badly. I believe that our children are encouraged by what they see on tv. They think that what they see is socially acceptable. We, as parents, should closely monitor what our children are watching. We should also fight to have more appropriate shows on channels such as abcfamily, teennick, the n, and other childrens networks. Most people these days aren't interested in shows about people doing well for their communities. This is why we have shows such as The Bad Girls.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 2:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• The media shouldn't be in it to teach your child either, because that is not their responsibility to YOUR child. Parents these days need to take more ownership of their job as a parent. More responsibility and put forth more effort in their job to raise and guide their children. If you want your TV censored then put on parental locks, limit what channels your children is allowed to view, or get them involved in other activities and don't let them watch at all.

What your child gets away with (dressing to provocatively, using vulger language, being violent etc) is on you, not the media. It doesn't matter what they listen to, what they watch, where they heard it from .. You as a PARENT need to be between them and the world, only stepping aside for things you think are right for them to see. If you can't do that .. then that's on you. The media is an entertainment outlet.. that's all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I dont think its their responsible to teach our kids whats right and whats wrong..It starts in the home. We need to monitor what our kids watch. If you dont want your kids watching certain shows then block the channels..I do it all the time with my kids.
    shareemonique

Answer by shareemonique at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It is not the network's responsibility to teach anyone's children right and wrong. Those shows are not meant for children to watch, and the it's the parent's job to monitor the shows thier children watch.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Who made you the boss jazz? why should she take the caps lock off? I mean seriously get a life, she is just excited about what she is saying.
    Anonymous

• I agree it is our job to monitor what our children watch, I know it can be hard because other kids are watching this crap but that is when you just have to realize what is best for your child. Also if you raise your children to understand that this is just TV or music I believe the affect is much less. I say this because when I was a teenager I watched a lot of this crap and I listened to Eminem and other rap artist but it never occured to me that it was okay to let a guy call me a bitc* of W*ore because i was brought up with more respect for myself than that.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• ACTUALLY JAZZ I TYPE IN CAPS , ALL THE TIME.I TYPE WITH ONE FINGER IM OLD AND I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH THE TYPING PART. SO IT'S EASIER.SORRY IT DISTURBED YOU.SECONDLY IM THE OP. I AGREE WE SHOULD TEACH OUR CHILDREN ,BUT DO YOU THINK THAT ALL OVER THEIR MUSIC ,IS A LITTLE TOO MUCH FOR THE TARGET AUDIENCE AGE.50 YEARS AGO YOU DID NOT SEE THESE THINGS. THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO EVEN KISS WHEN T.V WAS FIRST INVENTED.I THOUGHT THAT DAY WELL WONDERED IF TV RADIO ETC HAD ANY INFLUENCE ON WHY KIDS SEEM MORE DISRESPECTFUL THESE DAYS. SORRY IF CAPS BOTHER YOU IT SAVES ME HOURS OF SPELLING AND TYPOS ETC. HERE. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I AGREE WITH OP
    RUSTI44

Answer by RUSTI44 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010