Fair sentencing?

http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/balloon-boy-parents-richard-and-mayumi-heene-sentenced/19292400?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sphere.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fballoon-boy-parents-richard-and-mayumi-heene-sentenced%2F19292400

Asked by older at 2:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I think they should have to PAY $$$$$ Whatever it cost. I also think Children and Youth Services needs to be involved with this family

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think they should have got more time, they had the whole country worried about their son when he was fine at home. And the part that says they can't make money from the ordeal for four years, I think they should never be able to make money off of it. They done a horrible thing. People thought that little boy had fallen to his death, those rescue workers were out wasting time and energy on it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I am a little torn about this...I read the article, do they have to pay back the community for the emergancy services? I can't remember if that is part of the punisment, especially if they don't have to pay back the emergancy costs...I think it is a light sentence but at the same time you can't let the kids suffer for a parents stupidity, ya know?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Couldn't say, I wasn't privy to all of the details to the case. I do know that he would've pleaded not guilty if it weren't for the fact that they were threatening to deport his wife. But I can't say it was a fair sentencing since I haven't seen all of the evidence.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• They will reimbursing around $50,000.

Answer by older at 3:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i think they should never be allowed to make money off of it. I knew right from the start it was a gimmick..soon as i saw they had been on reality shows. LOL. sad because alot of were worried sick about that boy falling to his death. they should not only reimburse but pay heavy fines too
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think it's fair, but I think the restitution they have to pay should be more than what was spent looking for the little boy.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree with sweets on this one.....everyone stand back....lightening may in fact be heading this way. *winks*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• They cant...ok...from what I read they have to

pay back $42,000

Jail for 90 days (dad)

and they can not make ANY money off the story.

I think its great!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree with momof....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2009