Whats the best way to ween your baby off the bottle

thank you

RachelSutfin

Asked by RachelSutfin at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i cut my dd cold turkey the day she turn one. the bottle can ruin teeth
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• When my son was 7 1/2 months I gave him munchkin mighty grip straw cups. He done so well with them that I just threw all his bottles out and bought all new cups. He never gave me any problems over it at all. He does wonderful with the cups. I think it is easier to get rid of the bottles before they have time to get too attached to it.
    I know some moms out there will disagree with me and say I took it too early. But ask a doctor they will tell you that if the child can get as much from a cup as they do a bottle that there is absolutely no reason to give them a bottle any longer.

I wish you luck.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Well when DD turned 1 I stopped giving it to her during the day and only got a bottle at night. then my mom had health problems and we had to fly to Texas for a week so i just put trying to ween her off the bottle on hold and didn't worry about. Then when she was about 13 months old I just did it cold turkey. i threw all of her bottles away so i wouldn't be tempted to give it too her. I found a sippy cup that she loved and used that instead.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 3:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• depending on ur babys age...when mine turned 5 months i started giving them a cup at breakfast and lunch and gave them 2 bottles a day as well by the time they were 7 months they didnt want there bottle it made it very easy and they loved the cup!!
    coffeefreak996

Answer by coffeefreak996 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I don't! I let my children decide when they want to be done with the bottle. My oldest wasn't ready until he was 2.5 years old but he threw out his own bottle without prompting and never asked for it again. My youngest just seemed to have given up his at 11.5 months old.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2009