At what age do girls start liking American Girl Dolls?

Ok, mine is still a baby but I can't wait until she is old enough so we can go to the American GIrl Bistro for Tea! LOL

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• We are getting my 6 year old one this year for x-mas.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Depends on the girl... I keep waiting for my girls to get interested in dolls but at 5.5 and 3 neither of them could care less about dolls! I loved my dolls growing up, I don't know why those girls won't get with the program! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'm pretty sure my oldest started reading the books when she was 3rd to 4th grade. I tried to have my 8 year old read a Josephina book but she wasn't interested. All little girls love dolls and you could read her the stories so I wouldn't say that they had to be a certain age. Have fun!
    Anonymous

• They are designed for 8 years and up. They have a lot of little pieces and they aren't inexpensive dolls. That being said, I got my daughter one when she was 6. My MIL sews and has made lot of matching outfits for daughter and doll that she loves!

Answer by missanc at 3:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my oldest is 3 and we got her and her lil sis the lil twins.. they also want the babies... they arent ready for the big girls yet
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I liked them at age 5. My girls are 8, 6.5, 4.5, and are showing no interest.
    Anonymous

• I'm 23 and I want an American Girl Doll! LOL I never got one when I was younger, even though I had all the books and stuff. They're pretty expensive. I'd say maybe 5-10 is when they would like them.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My daughter never liked dolls of any kind. I'm guessing 4 or 5 is about the time a girl would start liking them if she was going to like them....maybe earlier for the babydoll type.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 4.5 and loves her bitty baby twins she jsut got
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 8:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009