What do u get ur in-laws for X-mas???

As a couple...

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We just send money as they live in a different country.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nothing...we agreed not to get each other gifts. We only buy for the kids. We went for ever buying for all the adults and then some people bought too much, some not enough, some nothing. So we all decided to only get for the kids. It makes for no hurt feeling in our families.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Sometimes framed pictures of the kids. I've also gotten them gift certificates for a restaurant in their area. This year we had photos professionally done of all the grandkids. that is their gift.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• In the past we have given a potted plant, flowers from Proflowers.com, and food (like a big jar of deluxe nuts, chocolate, etc.).

This year - nothing. I sent them a card w/ ds's school photo. They came into some money recently and have suddenly dropped off the map. Which we're fine with it, because they are not good people and never have been. However, I don't see the need to go out of my way to get them anything either. (Sorry if that's too much info, but it's the whole answer.)
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I dont have a MIL or FIL, just BIL's and their wives.

This year they got family pics.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I like to give personal things so either pictures of my ids set in a little album or books with a signed inscription on the inside cover.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nothing!! We can't afford to exchange gifts with the extended family. We only buy stuff for DS and occasionally we'll get each other something. This year our present to ourselves is cinnamon rolls on christmas morning. lol..
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• We bought my fil a gift card for harbor freight, and my mil a crystal music box that plays songs.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• We frequently get a gift certificate to a new or favorite restaurant for both sets of parents. My ILs we usually get one or two smaller ones to a place they really really like (an awesome steakhouse about 20 miles away). One year we did a food basket - specialty crackers, meats, cheeses, stuff like that. If they were into going to movies we'd do a gc to a movie theater too but they don't.
    Anonymous

• we had a professional picture made of the grandkids- my boys and my SIL's new baby girl- we put it in a nice frame and we gave them a gift certificate for a very nice restaurant that they haven't been to (DH and I have and it is GREAT! crab legs- yummy)
    Anonymous