Can you recommend SOY free and Peanut free products to me?

My son was just diagnosed with a soy allergy. I know plenty of you are probably familiar with which brands of cereals, snacks, breads etc to buy. Can you please give me lists of which items in the grocery store are soy free and peanut free? Truly appreciate any help! It is really overwhelming I didn't realize pretty much everything had soy in it! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Health

• Most products will say right on the package if they contain nuts or traces of nuts.

Soy is a little more difficult.

Cheerio's, Kraft Mac/Cheese, Petridge Farm Bagels, Spectrum Mayonaise, some Spectrum Dressing, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, some Humpty Dumpty chips because they fr in Canola oil, Freetos, Motts Apple Sauce, Some angel hair pasta and other pastas are soy free, Philly Cream Cheese, Hershey Cocoa, Heart Healthy Bisquick, 100% cheeses, Popcorm cooked in Canola Oil, some mini bagels are all soy free.

It will take a while before you can just go into the store and do a quick shop again. At first you'll be doing a lot of label reading and alternative finding.
    It will get easier.
    Good luck!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Rice & corn chex, rice krispies, corn flakes. If you have a Meijers near you, their brand of organic broths. My son is allergic to soy, wheat, eggs & milk. I make a lot of stuff from scratch using alternate ingredients.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Motherofhope98 I am allergic to eggs so we already had to cut them out and now soy too. Do you have any recipes you could share? Thanks!
    Anonymous

• pm me & I'll send you some.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2009