My sister (is a MORMAN) needs a husband lol, but im serious

My sister is an African American Morman. Does anyone know any men? I want to help her. If you are NOT Morman please DO NOT REPLY, your opinion isn't needed.

TummyPrincess

Asked by TummyPrincess at 3:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Perhaps a Mormon matching service? I know "matchmaker" services exist for other faiths and cultures. Maybe the LDS has one?
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 5:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I wonder if their is a Morman matching service. Prehaps so. Thanks
    TummyPrincess

Answer by TummyPrincess at 5:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I have some friends (LDS) who met on EHarmony. She said that they have a whole section on R&B. This was several years ago though, so I don't know if it is still that way on EHarmony.
    Anonymous

• EHarmoney!? Okay I'm going to have to look into that as well.
    TummyPrincess

Answer by TummyPrincess at 6:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I did an LDS specific dating service. Does she live in Utah?

I cant remember the name cuz its been like 15 or so years but Im sure if you looked stuff up in her area(esp. if she's in UT)you could find something.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Most LDS churches have a singles group. Like bible study and such for only the single people in the church. If there is no one in her church she could maybe go to the singles group for a diffrent LDS church near her.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I understand that in our LDS beliefs the whole getting married, and having a family is a really big deal...and I can understand how a single person can get frustrated when the dating scene just isn't working out at the moment.

I agree with Alanaplus3, unless she's in an area with very few LDS people, then there should be singles groups or even whole young single adult congregations she can go to...and even in areas with sparse LDS populations there are usually big regional conferences arranged so people have a chance to meet each other.

She may need to be pro-active to seek out the activities and chances to meet people (and yeah, I think there are several LDS dating websites).

You seem like a sweet, caring sister. If she does the website thing, just help her know how to do it safely.

Anonymous

• lol there are TONS of Mormon dating sites she can try. A few of my dads siblings met on them. There is ldssingles.com, ldsplanet.com, ldsmingle.com, and even a ldspals.com
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2009