AAAAHHH!!!!! I'm so pissed off right now!

We just moved in and started renting this house back in September, I literally had a baby 3 weeks ago and the owners showed up today to let us know the bank has forclosed on this house! We have 90 days to vacate! Um wtf? Why would anyone rent a house they weren't sure they were even able to pay for? Where the hell is my rent going?!?!?! Our lease doesn't run out until August, legally can they do this? I guess they won't actually own the house in 90 days so I really have no choice. grrrrrrr I'm so pissed off right now.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Usually its up to the bank whether or not you can continue to live there while they go thru re-selling the house.This happened to my mom,and she had her moving expenses paid by the creditor.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Infortunatly if the house is being forclosed then yes they can. I would though be contacting a lawyer and asking for rent money back because that is bull. They would had known they were in trouble with the house. I am sorry for your troubles. I hope things get better.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Unfortunately, yes, this can and does happen very often. They probably rented it out to try to collect enough money to keep it, but if a foreclosure is going to happen, the owners would rather lose a rental than their own home. Best wishes in finding another home. Ask now if you can get your deposit back so that you can use that money for a deposit on the new home.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• If there is a legally binding lease, then you do have a case. Contact a real estate lawyer and look up the local renter's rights for your area. I'm not sure exactly what you will get, but something can be done.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You wouldn't be able to get any rent back because you have lived there. The rent you pay is their's to do whatever they want with.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My friend just went through that and he's living there rent free bc the bank doesn't want the property empty so it might work out in your favor.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2009