a breakdown? help?

how do you know when you are really about to have a breakdown? i cant take it anymore.. my house never stays spotless, my son doesnt listen, he makes messes, no job, no money, no car..i am constantly agravated and yelling at him, first thing in the morning we cuddle.. but other than that its spent yelling. I dont even wanna wake up anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• WOW ! We all have those days my advice would be that if you are having more bad then good days you should talk to someone -Pastor of a church -Counselor- Doctor to see if there may be something there such as depression or a mood disorder.
    D_Momma09

Answer by D_Momma09 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• First of all you are alive and can do something about your situation. Never give up hope. Secondly, who cares if your house stays a mess, so does mine and everyone else that LIVES in a home. My sons, all 6 of them at times do not listen to me either but I am glad they are here to not listen to me, my kids makes messes to and I am glad they are there to make them and people know that I live in my home. You can always get a job, not alot of people have money either and not having a car at all or just not you? I am sure you are aggrivated and mad.... it is good that you are noticing these issues. Take one thing at a time... clean a little at the time, sit down and see where you can save money, love on your son 10 times more than you scold or yell. Get up way before him and start cleaning and straightening up. Have time for YOU! Not a breakdown, it is life and sometimes it is hard. I hope you find the strengh inside :)
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• This happens to all of us. A few things: First, just know you aren't alone. Take a break somehow. Address behavior problems in a way that is effective so you aren't yelling all day long and then feeling guilty. With the house, let some stuff go. I JUST told my kids they can't mess up every room in the house. They need to clean up one area before making a new mess. Little kids just don't get this. Wherever you are, is where the kid will be and bring the mess with him. Let laundry go, clean up one room a day and try not to obsess over the cleaning. I know it's hard because that is an area you can control but it's also driving you crazy so let it go. GET A BREAK. Hang in there. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• If you are yelling at your kid all day he's better off in day care while you work - even if all you do is break even. Your house will stay cleaner because you won't be in it. I know you're doing your best, please don't think I'm being critical. What is best for you and your kid is something different right now. All of us feel this way at some time, but if it's prolonged, get help quick. Hang in there.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009