Pretended not to hear baby?

My son still gets up 1 to 2 times a night and I am wondering if any other moms have pretended not to hear baby cry so that their husband/ boyfriend/ whatever would get up so you can stay in bed....

D_Momma09

Asked by D_Momma09 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as my husband isnt all the way asleep or depending on how tired he is/or has to get up in the morning i mean, im just as tired as he is sometimes. usually he offers so i dont have to, but sometimes when he doesnt, i pretend to be asleep or not hear it. only thing is he has done it too many times, and i cant stand to here my son cry that long so i give in ha
    Anonymous

• haha.. Well, my son had colic so that was pretty much out of the question with his lack of patience but I have heard of mom's with "easy" babies doing that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Now that Im pregnant again I always wake dh up to feed our son. But hes only home 3 nights out of the week because he works 12 hr. night shifts so Im by myself from 5:30pm to 5:30am so I always take advantage of his nights off.. lol
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 5:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I have twins, so of course I did that a few times. I did get up most of the time and just do it myself , but about once or twice a month I would decide it was his turn.
    Anonymous

• whoever hears the baby first gets up ususly its me but if i dont want to get up i tell him to get up our son is almost 3 so he get up in the middle of the night about once a month mabey every other month
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I always get up with our baby because I stay home, and my husband works, so he need his sleep more. Also I can always take a nap later in the day while the baby sleeps if needed. However, on weekend nights my husband will volunteer to get up if the baby wakes.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 6:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I have. And now that they're all a little older (youngest is almost 3) on the occasion they wake up they always want daddy.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I'm usually the first to hear the kids and always take care of them. I don't "pretend" not to hear them. If I hear them, I get them. If it's a weekend and my 2 year old needs us, then I ask him to help out a bit.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Well... I don't really remember waking with the baby. He stirs, I pull out the boob and we both go back to sleep. I certainly wouldn't ignore him to make DH get up for no reason! Wouldn't wake him anyway, that man would sleep through an earthquake.

I have an acquaintance whose wife would do this though. They would actually argue about it in the middle of the night. Poor kid.

I also get up with our 3 y/o when needed. DH works, I don't. That's why I'm home... to handle that kind of thing.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Heh, I have in the past. Now I suck it up, die a little inside, and get up LOL! My husband is a deeeeeep sleeper, I've had to physically wake him up as long as our daughter has been here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2009