To get a stroller or to not get a stroller?

I'm getting ready to provide my family and friends with a baby registary when I realized that I wasn't sure about everything I first though I'd need.

So My question to all you mom's out there is Do I really need a stroller for my baby and future toddler?
Also If you have a stroller what do you like about it?

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 5:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This really depends on your lifestyle. If you only go to places with shopping carts you can put your baby's infant carrier in the shopping cart and skip the stroller, or you can use a snugglie, sling or wrap with an infant. If you go places without shopping carts you might find a stroller really handy, especially when your baby starts getting heavier. I like having a stroller because I can put a diaper bag, my purse, and other stuff under it and keep my hands free. If you want a stroller the type that works best for you is the type that suits the types of places you will be using it. I really only use mine at the mall, so I don't need a big rugged jogging stroller. I like one that folds up pretty small and doesn't weigh too much, but I don't like umbrella strollers. Try to think about all the places you are likely to take your baby on a regular basis and think about what type stroller would work best for that purpose.
    Anonymous

• get a sit and stand stroller so that your older one can walk msot fo time but still sit when they want to and the bayb has a seat all the time they make somemodels (at target) that you can attach a infant carseat to so that you dont need two seperate strolelrs
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• get a stroller with cup holders!
    SSSMOM025

Answer by SSSMOM025 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I used and still use my stroller all the time! We used the travel system when he was smaller & use an umbrella one most of the time now. Unless we're going to the zoo or someplace where we will need to store a few things.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yes, i would get one.....however, do me this one favor.( I have seen this and it has happened to me) Don't push a stroller into a busy small store. I almost tripped over this little baby the other day. But when you go to the park or wanna just go for a walk -- and you will-- You will want one. They make really cool ones now that can go from being a car seat and then it pops into a stroller. So, the baby doesn't have to be transfered. This is especially cool when the baby is asleep. Its better to have more than you need than to get one later down the road. They can be expensive.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I wear my newborn and take the stroller for my toddler if we go out for walks. If we're going on a day trip, the baby gets the stroller (using the matching carseat) and the toddler gets to walk using her safety harness (I prefer not to call it a leash, I hold her hand and she walks beside us). If she gets tired, daddy can carry her. We also have an umbrella stroller, just in case we don't want to lug around the travel system and I can still wear the baby.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I love having a double stroller. My boys are 13 months apart. I wouldn't of left the house or gone anywhere if didn't have it. I now have a 2yr. old, 3 yr. old and a 4 month old. The 2 yr old and baby ride in the double stroller and my 3 year old walks. For me it makes life a lot easier.
    Anonymous

• I have a maclaren quest for my almost 4 y/o and 9 mo/old to share. I wear the baby when the older one wants to sit and put the baby down when I need to. When he was a newborn he was worn constantly.

I like that the stroller is compact, easy to push and good quality. Had a graco before and the quality difference is very apparent.

I would wait on the stroller and invest in a few slings/wraps. Start thinking about a stroller after you know better what you want... newborns can be worn everywhere and are usually much happier that way.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• if you want to use it. My kids didn't like them, so we are going with babywearing.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Oh I would definitely get a stroller! Then you can take walks in nice weather and go shopping and go visiting in the neighborhood.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2009