Question about the Mirena and being pregnant..

So i have had the mirena for about 15 months..havent had a period with it and i have never really spotted. there was only one time but that was like 6months ago..and it was just a one day thing. well i had unprotectd sex 2weeks ago and yesterday i started spotting and 2day i am still spotting..and that is what happened with my first pregnancy! i know ppl r gonna say take a test 2find out..but i just wanted to know if this has happened 2anyone else..could i really be pregnant or is it just a way my body is cleansing itself every now and then...i have also been stressed out about a couple of things...could that be the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can have a period on mirena.. i didn't but others have...so it could be just that combined with stress.

I think it is possible to get pregnant, but it is dangerous for the baby if you are and have the iud in...so you need to find out as soon as possible.

I would guess that its the stress..but better take a test to be safe.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2009