People say there is more to being gay than just sex?

I am heterosexual. I have close female friends. We don't have sex. But if I wanted to have sex, I would be gay.

So what is the difference between a friendship and a relationship, if it isn't sexual feelings and attraction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ho·mo·sex·u·al·i·ty (hm-sksh-l-t, -m-)
    n.
    1. Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
    2. Sexual activity with another of the same sex.

IT IS ABOUT SEX a relationship with the same sex is a friendship but not sex, and relationship WITH sex is homosexuality THAT MAKES IT HOMOSEXULATIY
    Anonymous

• popcorn

Anonymous

• Sexuality is defined by sexual feelings. If you have sexual feelings towards a same sex person then you would be homosexual whether or not you engaged in any sexual act. Just as if you were celibate but had sexual feelings towards an oppoiste gendered person.

Friendship is the definition of a TYPE of relationship and I would say that while some emotional relationships can be as detrimental as physical there is a definate difference when it comes to sexual orientation.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Riddle me this... what's the diff between a friendship and a relationship between a hetero man and woman? Is that all about sex... uh, no, at least not all the time! So why would being gay be just about sex? Geez. Come on... this was just posted to start drama. Nice job though on that front, i'm sure it will do the job! lol
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• So how is being gay an identity? What else comes with the sexual attraction?
    Anonymous

• When you're in a relationship, are you just interested in sex with that person? There's always more to a relationship than just sex. But sexual attraction is a part of that. Same thing with gay people.

I really don't understand the question at all.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I am heterosexual, and my husband and I share much more than just sex and sexual attraction. I also have both male and female friends, both without sex or sexual attraction. It's way off the mark to think that love relationships - gay or straight - are only about sex.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• "When you're in a relationship, are you just interested in sex with that person? There's always more to a relationship than just sex. "

Yes there is friendship (which you can have with anyone) and sexual attraction.

So how is being gay an identity?

It is just sex.
    Anonymous

• What hell kind of a question is this? Do you really believe that being gay is ONLY about sex?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• pnwmom, maybe she's just had really pathetic relationships with men where there is only sex and no emotional connection.
    Anonymous