Born gay?

So many people say you are born gay.

How do you explain the people who are bisexual, or who are hetero and then homo? Or who are homo and then hetero?

People do change what they want. So how come not all people are born that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ' And you can huff and puff as much as you want to, but NO straight person would EVER "choose to live a gay lifestyle". That's ridiculous. '
    How is that statement factual at all? It's not. It may make you uncomfortable to think that people would CHOOSE to live like that, but it doesn't make it false.
    'MY personal experiences? I'm straight'And that's fine. But earlier you assured us that you were very familiar with homosexuals, and the homosexual community. That would mean 'personal expirience' not 'personal sexual identity'.I actually think that what you said about some people expirimenting was actually somewhat offensive. First guys AND girls 'expiriment' and secondly, not all of these expiriments ar frivoulos sexual exploits. Some are most definatly 'real relationships'. It's great that you feel a distinction between 'true gays' and 'the pretenders' but tell me, how do you go about evalutaing the relationship?
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Please tell me you're kidding... Bisexual people are also born that way, they can be attracted to either men or women. I have yet to meet ONE person who started off gay and then "turned" straight, but as for those who were straight and "turned" gay, I can assure you that they've ALWAYS been gay, but have been trying to fit in to the "normal" mold.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• People don't all come out at a specific age. People experiment until they are clear on what is right for them. Some are bisexual. Some people just experiment and aren't gay. Does it really matter?
    Anonymous

• Can I ask why the heck you even care, OP? What's with all the gay questions? Live and let live, please.
    Anonymous

• God would never make someone gay bi, etc. its what they choose.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Your god made some animals gay... Or did they "choose" that too?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Anouck-
    Clearly then since you know SOME homosexual or bisexual people then everything you know about them MUST stand true for ALL people.

Growing up I had a few friends who were completely, wholly, and truly homosexual. And then I had a few friends who were completely, wholly, and truly heterosexual but who decided that it might be fun to try it out. Seriously. Some did it to illicit a response from parents and guardians, some did it for the attention at school, and some were just open to new expriences. After dealing with this reality I am left with the understanding that -
    A) you really can be born gay. You can't change it, it really is who you are
    B) there are some people who are NOT born gay. They choose that lifestyle for variouse reasons, but it's always a choice for them.
    C) Some people (exactly like people B) choose to be straight. They have their reasons.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Anyone can be gay if they wanted to. It is a choice.
    Anonymous

• Yes you are born that way and no, not everyone claiming to be bisexual or gay actually is. I think it's very trendy to be gay right now and some people fake it for the attention.
    However, people who are legitimately gay are in fact born that way. They don't realize it right away most of the time and go through a lot of confusion while trying to figure everything out.

Some people take longer to come out than others for various reasons. Mostly(from my experiences with my gay friends) it's because they're terrified of how their family and friends will react and judge them.

I definitely think for some it's a choice. But for most it's just the way they are.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Ethans_momma06, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area... So I can assure you I know a lot more than just "some" homosexual or bisexual people. Furthermore, we have a lot more information about it at our disposal than probably anywhere else in the country
    a) Yes, people are born gay, just like you and I were born straight.
    b) People experiment... Straight men/women at some point in their lives might experiment with the same sex, but that does NOT make them gay. ALL of those people will eventually go back to the opposite sex, unless they are bi-sexual, which means they can be in a relationship with a man at one point, and a woman the next.
    c) The only gay people who CHOOSE to be straight don't want to deal with the ridicule and discrimination they face as an openly gay person. However, they will ALWAYS be gay, whether they choose to deny that or not.

When did you CHOOSE to be straight? You didn't, right? Same thing.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2009