premixed formula

how long can it be in the diaper bag without being kept cold?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you mean that you mixed it, then up to 2 hours max in cool weather. If you mean the kind that is already mixed that you buy in the jars then they don't have to be chilled at all.
    Anonymous

• As long as the baby hasn't already drunk (drank?) from the bottle, it is fine all day. I know that goes against everything the formula companies would have you believe, but it is just a ploy to get you to waste formula and have to use more. My son has a feeding tube and gets formula all night long, hanging from a pole in his room. The formula is just like any other formula and according to every doctor and nutritionist I have asked, there is no reason to think it isn't "good" after a few hours. I hang his formula bag at 8 pm and he uses it until 5 am. In the hospitals they only add new formula every 4 hours for the kids that are on feeding pumps there too. It's just a waste to throw it out after only a couple hours, and there is NO reason to. As long as it is no more than room temp it's fine for 24 hours.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2009