How can you think that your husband wouldn't look or want another woman when you have let yourself go?

I seeing a man who is married. Wrong, I know, but when I saw a picture of his wife I could understand why he would look elsewhere. She had gained over 100lbs and never did her hair and make up. She looks way older than she is because of this. I hear women complaining all the time about men cheating on them, but maybe if you look in the mirror that you'll see why he is. Men are visual creatures who need to have something they want to look at and enjoy. Also, don't nag your men like youare their mother, and show them acts of love. I can see why some men (and women) cheat on their spouses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not about how women look, it's about how a wife makes him feel at home according to the book Why Men Cheat based on a study of men who have cheated. I have seen many wives who are beautiful and the OW overweight and not that great looking so it's about how the women make the man feel that gets (or keeps) his attention.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Well then admckenzie, you must not have treated your men very well for ALL of them to cheat on you. Tsk, Tsk
    Anonymous

• And I can see that you obviously have very low self esteem to think that your husband is only with you for your looks.

Some men don't go for the skinny tarted up ladies, they go for the plain janes who are over 150lbs and don't wear make-up, because of their personality and intellect.

If yours wanted you because you are utterly gorgeous, well done, and I can see why you are worried - he doesnt sound too trust worthy.

Good luck with that.
    Anonymous

• Whaaaaaat? Anon,:46, what are you saying? I swear that the nation's nutcases all come here to post.
    OKay, men cheat because they are bad peple. Good guys don't cheat. It doesn't make any difference if his wife looks fat and yukky oR slim,pretty and sexy, a bad guy will stilll cheat. It IS the man's fault.
    Anonymous

• What a load of crap. If he's not interested in his wife anymore then he should get a divorce before finding someone new to be with.
    That poor woman. Her husband is out banging skanks and bringing home God knows what to infect her with.

What a terrible thing you're doing.
    This woman isn't up to your physical standards and THAT'S how you justify yourself? Please.
    I can honestly say that I hope she leaves him so you can have him all to yourself...and whatever other self righteous whores he is screwing besides you who think it's ok for them to be sleeping with him because they find YOU unattractive.

Marriage isn't as superficial as being about looks. You marry the person not the packaging. Sluts and one night stands are about the looks because there's nothing else worthwhile about them.

I can see why you posted anonymously. I wouldn't want everyone knowing how little self respect I had either.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think we are harder on us then they are because right now I hate how I look and he says he wishes I could see me how he sees me. In reality we all look, looking is not the issue acting is the issue. Maybe you see yourself harder then him relax and give him the sexy and thats what he'll see not another.
    bossymel

Answer by bossymel at 6:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Wow. You're a classy girl eh?

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Is no one else reading this post properly? SHE'S not the married one, she's the OTHER woman in this relationship. She's trying to justify seeing a married man because his wife is overweight. How disgusting.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• U HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT ! LOOK AT U SLEEPING WITH A MARRIED MAN THATS WRONG WHAT THE BOTH OF YALL ARE DOING ANY WAY AND WHY DONT U LOOK AT YOUR SELF IN THE MIRROR AND MEN MIGHT THANK YOUR UGLY TOO ! !
    Anonymous

• First off, you're a slut. Second, you must know some terribly shallow men. Because SOME men actually care about more than just appearances. But hey, good luck being alone and miserable when whatever looks you have now fade... Because obviously you have nothing else to offer.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009