could my due date be off?

i think my due date is off by three wks, is it likely that my doc is off? they are going off what they called my last period, which i think was implantation bleeding, im thinking they are off by almost 3 wks.

baby is measuing big, and im already dialating, and having normal contractions and according to my doc im 34wks tomarrow. if i go off what i know was my last real period my due date would be mid jan, but if i go by his its first of feb. hes got me on meds to stop contractions and i dont want to take them anymore cuz of harm to the baby.

so im asking could i be right and be 3 wks farther along than they think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, due dates can always be wrong. Did they do an u/s in the beginning of your pregnancy? Those are pretty much accurate and the one's further into pregnancy can be off. Babies are born at all different birth sizes so its not a good indication of gestational age at this point.

It is not unheard of at all to be dilating by 34 weeks so that doesnt mean anything. And for the most part, the side effects of the meds to the baby isnt as bad as the problems that can happen if you have a preemie
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• YES, he could be off. Doctors are wrong about due dates all the time.

But measuring big is not an indication of how ready baby is to be born. If you're going to go into labor then the meds won't stop it if it's time. I'd stay on them, just in case, at least for another two weeks or so.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2009