If someone has naturally curly hair (spirals almost)...

and they straighten it all the time. Can it train your hair to be straight? I layered my hair and started straightening it all the time. I let it air dry without putting it in a bun and it's not very curly. I have had tight curly hair my whole life and now it doesn't seem curly. I miss my curls. Do you think they will come back if I lay off the straightener for a while? (I've been flat ironing it for about 4 months now)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It hasn't been trained,its been damaged
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• But I only straighten it once a week only wash it once a week. I use Thermal protection frizz ease and ThermaSilk. I don't think it's damaged because when I straighten it, it is very silky and healthy looking. I know my hair and when it's damaged it's frizzy and really straw-like; however, it's not at all.
    Anonymous

• OH and by the way, I just had a baby recently.
    Anonymous

• Having a baby can make your hair less curly but I have to agree that it might just be damaged because no matter what kind of shampoo you use straightening your hair is going to damage it. And your hair can look silky and pretty but still be damaged.
    Anonymous

• I have VERY naturally curly hair and I straighten my hair during the winter (summer is to humid) and I have noticed that my hairs curls are not as tight when it dries in the winter but over the summer they get tighter again.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2009