what are the chances of having false negative hpt

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 7:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends. When do you think you ovulated?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• False negatives are much more rare than false positives... Unless you tested too soon and the hcg level in your blood isn't high enough to detect yet.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It seems to be happening quite abit lately.. I actually just read a girls post about how she tested when she was 1st late & didnt get a positive till she was 2wks late. Im 4days late & get negatives so i dont know whats going on but it's pissing me off i know that!
    Anonymous

• Higher than a false positive :-) There could be a lot of reasons you are testing negative.

I got a negative on a Wednesday, then tested with fmu on Saturday and got a positive reading on a First Response and Clear Blue Easy Digital . Took a dollar tree test for the hell of it...NEGATIVE (and I am 6 mo pregnant so that test was wrong!)...so cheapie tests aren't that good, imo.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2009