How do I get my son and daughter from outting their foot in their mouth? lol.....

I mean everytime they say something , they're not suppose to say. or do something they're their not suppose to do/ PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ONE ....

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 7:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Catch their eye and shake your head No. Later on, discuss why you suggested that they stop. Suggest that they think before they speak, and one of the things they should think about is how they would feel if they heard or saw someone else saying or doing what they did.

Answer by Bmat at 7:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I've remind my teenagers to "Play the tape all the way out, think before they react or speak" all the time. I've also gotten them to understand some sign language so we can communicate beforehand. Consistency is the key. LOL
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2009