If you are going to celebrate the birth of Christ in a few days...

do you do anything in the days before to prepare for the Lord?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No really in the days before, but we have started a tradition in our family that someone always bakes a birthday cake and we all sing happy birthday to Jesus..Kinda silly but it reinforces the idea to the kids what Christmas is really all about...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 8:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• No...but I think since we're officially snowed in for this year, and one of my kids has expressed an interest, we'll start a new tradition of baking a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve.
    Anonymous

• I don't know exactly what you mean, but kinda.

I put on worship music and try and keep the house peacefull. I don't want to feel the stress!!! I make lists so I don't freak out by forgetting something. I try and center things around Jesus.

There is nothing more peacefull than Christmas lights and worship music.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• We have our advent wreath as a centerpiece on our diningroom table to help us count down the weeks til Christmas. We usually don't light it, because I'm afraid the kids will knock it over, but the advent wreath is lit at the beginning of every mass during Advent, and burns during Mass.
    I'm making Jesus' birthday cake right now. It will be our dessert on Christmas Day.
    The kids also get a booklet called Absolutely Advent from their Sunday School class. It has a different activity in it for each day, to help count down and spiritually prepare for Christmas Day.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 11:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• when i was little in my home country we have soemthing called la novena. we sit around the tree and nativity and we sings songs and pray.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2009