Diaper Rash

My baby had a real bad rash and I had done everything I could. I had doctor medicated cream, A and D ointment, Desitin, and Bactroban. Finally the rash was going away and cleared up but came back worser than before.. I dont understand. My baby will be 2 years old on March 13,2010. I think It may have been the potency of the 100% apple or grape whelces juices.. What and Why did this rash get so bad and come back again...

lady_bug1975

Asked by lady_bug1975 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• cut out the juice there's no need for it first off...just to see if that helps. All those creams you listed only worked for a certain time I've found. My pediatrician said just use over the counter jock cream for the rashes on the butt and their pps. When I do it clears up in a matter of diaper changes!!! I notice bad rashes kick up when my son has orange juice or oranges or pineapples, etc anything acidy. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Did you change diaper brands? My son went through the same thing and come to find out i switched from huggies to luvs to save money and luvs have a scent, he was allergic to it. His rash got so bad that it turned into an ulcer :( poor baby. Once I switched him back to huggies the rash went away and has not come back.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2009