What do you think of Mirena?

Im thinking about geting the Mireana IUD for birth controll and was just wonder what others thought of it or exsperenced with it. Any weard side effects, does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Health

• I was happy with my experience with it. When i first had it my periods were a little heavier and longer but only for a couple months than my periods almost stopped, i only really spotted. I had it in for 4 years and 2 months, i had it taken out so i could get pregnant i had it taken out on July 23rd and found out i was pregnant on September 16.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 7:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I've heard nothing but bad things about it, there's no way I'd ever have a foreign object placed in my uterus. I won't ever let my daughters (yes you read that right) get one either.
    Anonymous

• I hate it.. had it for a year..gave my a ovarian cyst which burst..painful. And then i was having abdomen pain that they couldn't figure out..so i finally told them to take it out...and my problems were solved. It also made me more assessable to infections.

I've been trying to get pregnant since i had it taken out..little over a year ago, and haven't had any luck.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I personally loved it, and will get one again after this baby is born.

Birth control pills gave me crazy emotional side effects - this didn't.
    I used to have crazy painful periods - the mirena made them lighter and less painful.
    I was able to get pregnant within weeks of having it removed.

I guess it's not for everybody (and it does hurt going in) but for me, it was perfect.

Anonymous