What do you think of this quote?

The teabaggers' revolt is based on the fear of government taking over the private sector.

The progressives' revolt is based on the fear of the private (corporate) sector taking over the government.

The fusion of corporate economic power and the government is called fascism. We're there.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 7:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe that we are in a big mess and headed down a very bad road.I believe that something (and I dont know exactly what) is about to take place.Consider also how the politicians are starting to force things that the majority does not want.Dangerous ground indeed.
    Anonymous

• i think anyone who refers to tea party members as "teabaggers" is an idiot. and anything they have to say is without merit.
    Anonymous

Even if they attended a tea party?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree with anon :55
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• To give an opinion on this quote requires~ me to legitimize the term "teabaggers"... No thanks
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Dude, really? I thought Liberals were supposed to be the PC police. I guess it's different when you are part of the group that is supposedly being maligned. I know people who attended tea parties that call it that.

Thanks for stopping by and contributing nothing, preciate that.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I do not care for the term 'teabaggers' being used either...lol but ill overlook it to give my opinion which is that we are likely headed for a really bad time and bad place.. I think this recession now will seem like just a blip in comparison to whats to come.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thank you, Tn for not being a whiny ass = ).

The point was, do you think our Federal govt and Corporations are too close and Cons & Libs just look at it from different directions.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think this person is "quietly" "calling" out rightists. Since the same statement "The fusion of corporate economic power and the government is called fascism" could also be defined as Marxism. Yet the person clearly states Fascism which is what the left usually accuses the right of doing. But Marxism is where the law is considered an instrument of oppression and control, and which the ruling class uses against the working class. (aka combination of economic power and government.)
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Marxism seems to be right where our beautiful country is being taken...which some of us figured months (or longer) ago..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2009