Why does it take men so long to marry????

How long are you willing to wait to be proposed too?? How long are you willing to be with someone before they decide to marry you?? and If your mate doesnt marry you in a decent amount of time do you wait or leave and start a new relationship???

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cuz they don't want to give up the lazy do what I please when I please to do it and no women telling me other wise life.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Honestly, I don't think this is an issue just with men. Many people are choosing not to marry and if they do marry they are waiting double the time that they used to. At a 50% divorce rate, I think it's a wise move to not rush into anything. I'm not saying people have to wait twenty years but waiting until they are 100% sure they want to marry and stay married is good enough. If couples spent half as much time planning their marriage as they do their wedding, the divorce rate wouldn't be so high. That's not the only reason for divorce rate but that is a contributor.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Well most of the guys I know, haven't waited long at all. I met my Dh in December and we were engaged by May. Of course we were also 19 at the time. That was almost 15 years ago. My cousin's DH proposed to her before they finished High school and she was a year ahead of him, but they didn't get married until he finished college 6 years later.

I think after a year of dating, is all I would wait for a ring unless there was a good reason, like finishing school or something. And if you give me a ring, then its time to set a date, unless again, there's a significant reason. I don't think a couple should be engaged for forever.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Lol my husband did not take too long. He was talking about a ring after 6 months. Gave it too me after 10 months and we amrried after 1 year and 3 months. He knew what he wanted and got it. I do love him and his devotion to his family and God.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my dh didn't wait long, either. he told his sister that he'd found 'the one' after we'd dated a month or so. six months later, we were pregnant, and he proposed halfway through the pregnancy. we were older first-time parents, so i think we were both ready..so why wait?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i was with my husband for 3 years before we got married. and actually, we would have waited longer, when we could afford everything we wanted, but we had a daughter, and felt it was the right thing to do. we have now been married 2.5 years and together 6 :)
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• The saying goes... "Why marry the cow, when you can get the milk for free?" It's all about boundaries. The more you spend time loving and respecting self, the less time you'll spend around others who don't. I highly recommend reading "Act like a lady think like a man" by Steve Harvey.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• He wanted to get married but I said no getting married because your pregnant to someone who was running around drunk and getting picked up for it did not seem like a good idea. I decided not to get married even now.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my ex (my son's father) didnt want to get married, as much as i pushed and pushed he just would not budge...and i'm glad now that he never did. We were together for 7 yrs and i stayed with him but i didnt leave him because he didnt want to get married (although i do believe that did put alot of stress on the relationship) ....When i started dating my DH i told him right from the start that i wanted to get married and i wanted more children and if he didnt want these things to not waste my time...so he knew what he was getting into and i guess he knew what he wanted cuz he is with me =)

shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I would LOVE to be married, don't get me wrong. But I feel that I don't need a ring on my finger, and paper saying that I love someone. If my fiance never wanted to get married, I would stay with him, because married or not, I love him, and want to spend my life with him. But like I said...I totally want to get married...and we plan on it in the future...but if it never happens, I don't care...he loves me and I love him...and thats all that mattered. My first engagement ring was a ring out of a gumball machine because I told him, I don't care if it's a $100 ring, a $5000 ring, or a $0.25 ring. So he got me a ring out of a gumball machine...and I loved it and it meant more than anything to me. Marriage is a piece of paper to me. That's how I look at it. And if women think they need to be married to be with a man for life...then I think you're stupid.
    Anonymous