What would Christmas be like if we relied on men to do EVERYTHING......

Cooking, shopping, decorating, baking cookies, ect.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i guess that depends on the man. lol mine would love making cookies, but they wouldnt be pretty and decorated, and they would all be eaten by him and our daughter before santa even thought about leaving the north pole. the shopping would get done, payday before christmas, and those that were forgotten wouldnt matter to him. the presents that wernt in bags, would have 50 ft of tape, and many wrinkles. But he would amke us all so happy it wouldnt matter. lol
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• we would have 1 present under the tree for both our families and no santa bought. and tomorrow he would buy gift cards and say ok and hope that someone else cooked.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• well, i wouldn't have any gifts, my son might have one book or odd gift he happened to run across..my family would get nothing..no cards would be mailed..no dinner planned..no baking..no decorations..but his momma would have a nice sweater or perfume or jewelry, for sure.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• a lot more laid back & enjoyable... i'm not a holiday person.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree, depends on the man. My dad...there would be a tree, probably undecorated, or only decorated with lights since he can just throw them on there. No presents, no cookies unless they were the break and bake kind, dinner would consist of a ham and an order to "find whatever you want to eat with it." lol

My boyfriend...there would be a beautifully appointed tree, well thought out presents for everyone, all perfectly wrapped with the wrapping paper perfectly matched up with no cut off pictures. Cookies he would leave to me to bake, since I do it so much better, but he'd come up with some outstanding meal.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Well my guess is that we would either have nothing under the tree or be so far in debt due to his spending that I wouldn't know what to do come January. That would depend on his mood and how much money he thought he had. But he is the wrapping person in our house, so that would be perfect.

Doubt he would decorate a tree or the house. Maybe a small three foot one if the kids begged.

No Christmas cards, but then I don't do them either. Nor do I expect any in return. All that postage and paper and money to get thrown away in the end.

Cookies-- well he'd probably buy Oreos from Walmart and dinner would be something like a frozen family entree of turkey, boxed potatoes, and green beans from a can. Salad from a bag and maybe some canned gravy. If he made it that far.

No visiting because DH hates to visit anyone.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Oh lord nothing would get done if anything was up to my DH. He just finished his Christmas shopping TODAY. He is incredibly lazy when it comes to doing stuff for me. Maybe if someone ELSE asked him to do all the stuff he'd be OK doing it...he jumps whenever someone else needs something...
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 9:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• That's unusual. All the men in my family and in laws are involved with the shopping , preparation, helping to clean house,and some of them love to cook!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My guy would do a great job, except he has no control over his spending at Christmas. He would spend himself right into the poor house. He gets all silly at Christmas and wants to give the kids everything he sees. He's a great cook and has always taken responsibility for helping with the cleaning and laundry. (No, I never asked him to. He just does it.) This is why I've been married 30 years.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Xmas as we know it would be over FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
    lol
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 9:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2009