# of gifts?

Curious on how many gifts you typically get each child and their ages? What type of gifts do you get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• We don't go buy number of gifts usually. I generally have x dollars to spend per child, although when they are young and don't understand the value of money I try to keep the number of gifts about the same, even if I have to supplement with small items.
    Anonymous

• I don't count out a # of gifts that I plan to buy, it's based more on how $$ I spend and what they ask for. This year the kids have about 16 gifts.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• same as the other replies, this year I focused more on cost lol. I got my son one big gift, a wagon, and a few small things like a dvd set and megablocks. everything else is gifts from relatives
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was asking what is the number of gifts. I know we all go on the amt of $ but there is a number associated with that...I was just curious if we went over board compared to others.
    Anonymous

• i dont even know...i havent counted. I've just stored it all away and hid it and dont plan on getting it out and wrapping it until he goes to sleep tomorrow night. I know it probably 15 to 20 though
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My 3 year old daughter has 60-some gifts...and my 1 y/o son has a few more..because my daughters things were a little more expensive...but we usually go on money-wise ( they each had the same amount ) ...I was keeping track, trying to write everything down as we bought it, but then we went on different days and I just got too confused to track it all, and then we got stocking stuffers ( probably about 7 or 8 each)

they both mostly got toys, and 10 outfits each, and each a new pair of shoes.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• glamo...are you crazy??? You went out and bought your kids that much stuff? How on earth do you have room for it all..not counting family gifts!!! I would have to throw all my sons toys away..(i did clean out his room pretty good) but to buy him that many gifts he would need his own house
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I got my 2 year old 3 gifts from "Mom and Dad" and 3 gifts from "Santa", plus four little stocking-stuffer gifts. We spent about $60 total on his presents (each big gift was about $8 - $10 dollars, things like a motorized fishing game, a stuffed Mickey Mouse, a DVD, a hat, a bowling set, and a musical instrument set) and we got the stocking stuffers at the dollar store. I think we did just about right. He isn't overloaded w/ stuff from us, since he will be getting stuff from the Uncles and Aunts, Grandparents, etc., but he has enough that it will be fun for him.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• 2 gifts each.
    I have 3 sons ages 5, 3 1/2, and nearly 2.

They dont need a ton nor anything expensive. My family also sends 1-2 gifts per child too so they have plenty in the end.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I got my son three gifts from mommy and daddy and three gifts from santa. He got small things like a giant stuffed christmas bear and one of those little push things that jingles when it's pushed. I wouldn't have gotten so many gifts if I had known his grandparents were going to send him so much. Next year I'll be spending anywhere between 50 and 80 dollars on my two boys depending on what my husband and I work out. The adults always get eighty dollars spent on them though because we always get each other things we need like clothes so I always plan for the maximum amount for the two of us.
    Anonymous