how do you deal with your morning sickness?

I'm pregnant with my second child and I have somewhat mild morning sickness and eating crackers doesn't seem to help so I would like the moms who had or have it now tell me what you guys do to clam it down

kay2010

Asked by kay2010 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I drank a lot of ginger ale. For some reason macaroni and cheese helped too.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nothing worked for me for very long. Saltines did okay for a while, ginger did okay for a while, but I was so sick I ended up on medication.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Try a small amount of icecream (preferably plain) I did this with my first pregnancy and it helped a lot! I'd eat a spoonful or 2 about a half an hour before I ate breakfast.. the dairy seemed to help coat my stomach. Unfortunately, with this pregnancy I'm super sensitive to sweets and it ends up not helping my nausea.. but hey, it's something to try! Right now, I can only eat cantaloupe for breakfast. Seems to help settle my stomach a little bit. Then when my 16mo DS lays down for his morning nap, I take a nap too and wake up with no morning sickness!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I drank gallons of chamomile and peppermint teas.
    I wore the seasickness bands.
    Sometimes, all I ate was vanilla yogurt and potato chips

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2009