I recently Opened My Own On line Shop What Is The Best Way To Promote It?

I am on a low budget, meaning I need to promote my business myself. I need traffic to my online store. This is what I have done so far, joined cafemom, facebook, twitter, made my site on a blog since I dont have money for a paid site. Got my site Crawled by Google and I am listed in a few directories I placed myself on. Since my niche is gifts and I am selling Gifts4-Baby that I picked I have my site up and running, I am a affiliate of a well known company. I want to know what else I can do to pull traffic to my site if anyone knows that I am not doing right now...

Shirleysgift

Asked by Shirleysgift at 11:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• local newspaper? Take out a small advertisement.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Don't forget about craigslist.
    babycakes254

• word of mouth. Tell the cashier at the grocery store. Let every topic circle around your new business. That's the best way to get it to grow.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 11:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• clubflyers.com you can get FREE Business cards and postcards (one sided but full color great looking products) all you pay is shipping...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 11:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Craigslist will let you advertise for free.

Networking is really key to growing any business.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I have a list of free advertising sites at my Blog,   Mavi's Home Work.

I also have some ideas in my work at home article series on eHow.  You can view those here:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Try looking here for answers

Anonymous

• This is the GREATEST information that has helped me grow my business. I wish I found this site years ago!

http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com/?a_aid=PxCnfCd9
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 9:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• Look in your area to find small boutique shops for children and approach the owner and see if they are interested in selling your stuff. You can put tags on them that have your website on them and if even if they only have a couple in the store, people will see the site and visit that way. Children's consignment shops might also be a good idea, depending on the quality of the shop. If you have business cards, I would put them in those little buckets in restaurants to win a free lunch just to circulate your name (even if it's only through the owners of the restaurant - remember - word of mouth). If you have any fundraisers where they look for baskets for something (many PTO's and other school organizations do this) you can make a basket with some of your gift type items and you will automatically be advertised in their fundraiser (great if it's an auction).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• look in your area to find child birth centers and other places you find babies and see if you can put a flier up on a bullitin board there. Or how about looking for mom's type clubs (MOPS and Mom's Club) in your area and contact the head person for the club to see if you can get cheap or free advertising on their websites.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2009