racist

I am white..and I am not racist..I have never really been around people who are black , asian, etc..but I do not think they are any less than white people or any of that..

Anyways I seen this poem thing ( I cannot find it now) and it made me think and I want to know what you guys think ( some will probably reconize it)

It talks about how black people can have things like all black colleges, or things like scholarships for black students....but yet if white people had those things desinged mainly for just white people...then we would be called racist...

it was a long list/poem, listing alot of different things and reasons like that....

do you agree with it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is no reverse discrimination. Discrimination is discrimination but I don't know the poem.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My friend from Florida sen that to me years ago. Dang it. It talks about how if we had a white only college now there would be a lynching.Or just for black negro college fund except for whites there would an outcry. Then they say it is done for years of being done to them. So now it is ok for them to do it for us. I don't think so. But guess what? Welcome to America. A double standard in 2009 and from now on.What is new????
    Anonymous

• It talks about how black people can have things like all black colleges, or things like scholarships for black students....but yet if white people had those things desinged mainly for just white people...then we would be called racist...

They have these things because everything is geared towards white poeple.

Anonymous

• Why is there a BET?

Because everything else is WET. How many prime time shows have black leads? Black families?

Anonymous

• I did read that some time ago and yes, I do believe that most of that is true. I had friends in school that were very proud to be white and they were always called racist or white supremacist which was not true. I can't say I feel exactly that way because I'm not really proud of my race. I'm really not even proud of my gender for that matter. People of all colors and all genders have the same opportunity to be complete assholes so why bother being proud of your race? I don't identify with my race and my race doesn't identify with me. My race is nothing more than a descriptor that is commonly used on applications.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I know of it and to some degree i DO agree with it, but no one has REALLY tried to make an causasian scholarship fund either, but i think that if someone did, it would be a HUGE debate subject, but it would make people think.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 11:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• First the Negro College Fund is also available to white recipientsand white people have been selected to receive scholarships. It is a PRIVATE fund and in order to qualify you have to have had to belong to the NAACP. There are other PRIVATE scholarships geared towards the advancement of people of color.  Colleges in this country have primarily been geared towards white students and still are.  For example, public colleges have only between a 5% to 9% minority student body.  Total.  Now in predominately African-American colleges there are white students who attend.  The idea that white people don't have scholarships, opportunities for education, or advancement is beyond ridiculous.  The playing field is far beyond not being equal.  I fully support all opportunites for minorities to have an equal opportunity to succeed.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Well Said frogdawg.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Anything can be considered racist if you look into it long enough. I think the college fund is there because the percentage of black people who attend college is much lower than whites. I'd also like to say that the term white is so broad and encompasses so many different ethnicities.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I didn't know black people couldn't take out student loans or get pell grants. They don't ask for your race. It's all about personal choice, and what path you choose for your life. I'm tired of people who use their race as an excuse not to succeed. There are several amazing black men and women who have set awesome examples for success. I feel as long as we keep calling people minorities and treating them like one, they will keep acting like they are one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2009