What gift this year will have the biggest impact on someone?

What gift will put the biggest smile on your friend, your child, your pet (yes, they tend to get gifts too, and they can get pretty excited). What gift will have the biggest emotional response? tears, laughter, smile, etc...
Christmas is full of surprises... Tell of what you think the biggest and best HAPPY surprise will be...

lilangelwolf

Asked by lilangelwolf at 11:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• I got my MIL a lovely handmade Grandmother necklace on Etsy. She'll probably cry.
    I got my DH an mp3 player. He'll probably jump for joy.
    cpyrrha

Answer by cpyrrha at 11:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my kids are getting the guitar hero world tour band kit, DH and i killed ourselves saving for it and it is something they have really wanted for a long time, I dont normally buy the video games that is my sister and her fiances thing they always take care of that stuff but this year we did it and i cant wait to see their faces :)

Also I got my DH a new coffee maker/espresso machine, something he has wanted for a long time but again not a luxury i could afford so i put away money and the kids and i picked it up this morning, he will probably jump up run to the kitchen and make coffee all other presents to be opened will probably get put on hold lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Well I am due Jan 3rd with my first child, so we got my MIL and my mom a matching gift of a throw knit blanket and pillow set that has grandma on them. Also these display plates that say grandma too. I think theyre going to really love them.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Well, I really hope my kiddos like their gifts but I think the biggest surprise and probably the happiest people are probably going to be the families that benefit from the 1,200 donation that I made to a local non profit that helps children with cancer. I hope it helps some and makes things financially easier for these struggling families.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I got my MIL (who lives with us) a kitten. Kids also wanted one. Hubby, well....It was 4 against 1. Mom had a few cats until her house burnt down 4 years ago. She loves her present. It was the only thing I could think of getting her and I knew she'd like it.
    MrsButterflyTat

Answer by MrsButterflyTat at 1:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My DS (12) has been begging for an xbox 360 for his room, and he is convinced he is not getting one because they are so expensive. He is though! I can't wait to see his face. Other DS (11) had both a Ripstick and some aggressive inline skates on his wish list. I asked him if he had to pick between the 2 which one he would choose. He said the rip stick because the rollerblades were too expensive lol. So he thinks he's only getting one. He's getting both :). And DD (5) wants anything and everything but she's going to be super excited to see that she is getting the doll furniture and baby doll she wanted. I think this Christmas is going to be awesome for them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• This year my family adopted 2 families. 1 family was from my childrens school, the other I found while skimming the Sunday paper. So I would say the gift cards I purchased for these families will have the biggest impact.
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 4:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I plan on giving my son a gift for Christmas this year. He will be surprised because he knows that I am not happy that he is not actively seeking employment, (he graduated from college in June), and that my finances are a little tight this year. I am going to give him a gift because want him to know that giving him a gift has nothing to do with being upset about his lackadaisical job hunting. I want to buy him a gift because he is my son and I love him.
    donzgurl

Answer by donzgurl at 12:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• We live on a ranch and my son got a Power Wheels Monster Truck. He is going to be sooooo excited!
    Anonymous

• Thanks all for your input... It was really neat the thought that you all put into your answers and gifts for Christmas this year.
    lilangelwolf

Answer by lilangelwolf at 8:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2009