Any other mama's with deployed hubbys this xmas?

This is our 1st deployment. I kinda feel alone..But im trying to keep busy.How are you holding up? and your children? mine are to young to understand right now.

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 12:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not me...but I'm sure there are groups for moms with DH/SO deployed. I'd run a group search.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:28 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Not this year. My husband was deployed last April through this year july. so 15 months of deployment to iraq and it was his first time too. My mom came down to stay with us for 2 weeks in december.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• {{{HUGS}}} I'm sorry.
    Before we transferred here almost 3 years ago my husband did 3 deployments to Iraq and each one was during Christmas. It was difficult because we had just transferred there, didn't know anyone or much about the area, and our daughters were older (5th thru 9th grades). But we passed the time by having fun making him MANY packages...lol. We tried to be crreative with each one and we kept them small enough so they would mail quicker to him. We also sent a package to him once a month for him to share what was inside with his unit.
    Be strong sweetie and stay busy. I know you will have your emotional moments, and that is okay! You are human and you love your husband. Try to stay busy and try to send him creative packages, write lots of letters (they are better than emails), and cards. Get the kids involved, even if you only trace a handprint.
    Blessings to you and your family.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2009