Will allowing my almost 2 year old to sleep in my room and sometimes my bed make him a pervert?

My mom tells me that if I don't put my son into a bedroom of his own he will grow up to be a pervert. He sleeps in his toddler bed sometimes and sometimes he shares a bed with Daddy and I.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So all the poorer countries must have perverts running around all over since most of them live with 10 people in a one room hut! Seriously do a little research on cosleeping and give it to her and keep doing what you are doing. y son is 4 and m daughter is 2 and the both still sleep in our room with their crib and toddler bed right beside our beds and often climb into ours with us in the middle of the night. My aunts daughter was about 8 when she left her parents room of her own accord and she is now an adult and in no way a pervert!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• That's ridiculous. No, he's not going to be a pervert. If anything it might help him be closer to women and more sensitive.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Well I am no children doctor or specalist but i'm pretty sure that is not going to happen. Seriously, I have never heard of that causing someone to be perverted! lol. Hes only 2, my son sleeps with me sometimes and he is 2 too. Enjoy it, they wont be little for long.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 12:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• He won't be a pervert! Neither of my boys were good sleepers, but they slept like rocks when they slept with us. We chose sleep for everyone! My boys are non 11 and 8.

My sisters and I slept with our Mom, she was a single parent...there isn't a pervert among us! My SIL and BIL did the co-sleeping thing as well, there kids are almost grown..no perves there either.

Choose sleep!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• NO! That has got to be the one of ther most incredibly strange things i have ever heard. both my boys co-slept till age 3 and they are now 8 and 11 and not perverts, they are actually very modest and respectful of privacy. if my 5 y/o daughter comes out of her room in just underwear they turn their backs to her and tell her to go back in her room and get dressed.

how in the world does cosleeping turn people into perverts?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Thats so funny! no..my husband slept in his parent bed til he was like 10 lol..man thats just crazy...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• HAHAHA! No. You're ok. Don't worry.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• she sounds crazy and like she is the one with the dirty mind.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• That's crazyness. Your child won't be a pervert if they sleep in your bed. If anything, it helps you bond with your child better.
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 3:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Your mom has issues...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2009