DD (3) with milky white diarrhea

My DD (3) has been having diarrhea (this will make 3 days now). She isn't eating much of anything (she is a lite eater anyway, but she isn't taking anything!), but is drinking water and pedialyte. It worries me because the diarrhea is a mmilky white color. Does anyone know what this could be? (She is on vacation so I am having a hard time finding a place to take her to get her looked at but am trying to find a place to take her this afternoon).

wv_mom

Asked by wv_mom at 12:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Health

• My son had this last week- he is 14 months. I called and explained it to the dr since I didnt wanna drag him into the germ infested waiting room- and he said it sounds like a tummy virus- which would make sence since I had the 24 hour flu on Tuesday ( throwing up and all). So he said - no milk or anything-just pedialyte and then he said to give him just 1/2 teaspoon of babies immodium and after no diarrhea try milk again, if it comes back, go back on pedialyte. We are now 2 days free of creamy white diarrhea! Im not sure if this would work for your lil one or not, but if you cant get her checked out right away then I would keep on the pedialyte and avoid the rest.
    1proudmommy07

Answer by 1proudmommy07 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I don't know what could be wrong but I found this:
    Your kid's poop can be brown, green, blue, yellow, red and all kinds of colors in between, and is usually not cause for concern. It mainly just depends on the types of food being consumed.

White poop, however, only happens if you drink barium, have some sort of liver blockage such as a tumor or gallstones, or just happen to be a bird.

So unless you laid an egg and hatched your son, or are feeding him a diet consisting of barium milkshakes, I suggest you take him to the pediatrician to have this checked out.

You should take her somewhere right away!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I completely agree with momofilangel... Go Now!!!! Take her to the local hospital if You don't know any local peds. It could be a virus but with the milky white color... I don't know.
    BethH1225

Answer by BethH1225 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Encyclopedia of medical anthropology: health and illness in the ... - Google Books Result
    by Carol R. Ember, Melvin Ember - 2004 - Medical - 2944 pages
    Examples of the naming and classification of diarrhea by two distinct cultures are ... tsa'nel White diarrhea Milky white stools, affects infants and small ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008