I am all for helping people when they need help but this is just a bit nuts IMO. ( rant)

We have so far heard 3 people begging for money for Christmas because “Mommy lost her job and we don’t have anything for Christmas" Yes MOMMY these people have their children out begging. The thing that gets me is they are not just asking for money they are trying to sell the candy canes they BOUGHT. I saw that they had MANY candy canes and they are not just the regular peppermint ones they are the multi flavor ones. So they are not cheap. My thought is if you can afford 3 -4 dollars for each of those candy cane boxes why not use that for Christmas? I don’t feel right helping them because each person told the same story. Almost word for word. They couldn’t have known each other either. They were all at different stores all across town.

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Who called you a scrooge? I'll punch em in the nose for ya!

I didn't get that at all from your post..first of all IT'S ILLEGAL...second of all THEY ARE USING KIDS AS PAWNS TO GET MONEY FROM PEOPLE...thirdly I HOPE YOU ALL GET A SCORCHING CASE OF HEMORROIDS FOR CHRISTMAS! lol

People are so stupid
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 4:29 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• CONT.....

These people actually will follow you to your car if you try to ignore them. It is kind of creepy too.

Wouldn’t you think they would spend that money on their Christmas instead of candy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I would think your right Mrs Owen, that does seem quite strange. I would have took that money to family dollar or somewhere similar and bought gifts with it.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yikes that sounds like it's a ring of some sort...I hope someone called the cops...that's just wrong! Those poor kids!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I didnt even think of calling the cops about it. Well we have to go to the library tomorrow LOL If I see them again I will do that !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• What??? Are ya kidding me? Poor things. Maybe they are mathmatically challenged? Maybe they spent more then they were supposed to and now are trying to pay the electric? Who knows? My point is....they may very well be stupid, but you don't have to be scrooge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• To the PP: If they spent too much and are trying to make money.. why not just return the expensive candy canes?

This is strange, I would have been very suspicious of this.. report it next time if you see them again.
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 3:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I just bought a box of multi-colored candy canes from wal mart for about 88 cents a box.

It does sound like a ring sort of thing though. I bet they're collecting atleast a few hundred dollars a day. It's sad that when ever there's an oppurtunity, some people will always take advantage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• those poor kids!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I've seen those colored candy canes at our local dollar store, $1.00 for 12 candy canes per box. Anyway, I just don't really get the idea of it. I mean why buy something to solicite people with like that. Isn't that illegal? I thought many parking lots and stores have those signs that say , no loitering/no soliciting.
    night.magic

Answer by night.magic at 3:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2009