Am I the only one that goes over board buying presents for my 3 year old nephew?

I have just the one nephew and I treat him like my own. This is the first year he understands Santa and I went a little crazy buying gifts since he knows Santa brings them. My own son is a teen and while I enjoy Christmas with him, it just isn't the same as when little kids gets all silly because of Santa. My hubby thinks I am nuts, so my question is, are there other aunts that do this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did this with my nephew when he was 3 also! He lives with my mother and I lived there too for a while. He's such a great little boy, and he's soooo good! When he was 3 my mom and I went to the toy store and filled our cart to the brim with toys. We went absolutely NUTS opening them! Now he's 5 and it's still fun, but my mom spoils him herself so I only got him a couple things this year.

...Maybe I should run out and get him some more stuff. He really is a good kid.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• i totally know how you feel...i seem to over spend on my god daughter every year! your not nuts!!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• When my niece and nephew were small I did the same thing. It was so much fun and they were the only small kids in the family.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Meh, I used to do the same thing. Nephew is 26 now with 3 kids of his own. I go overboard with my son now and I STILL have him totally convinced that santa is real!!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I am a grandmother but my daughter buys her nieces way to much stuff for Christmas and every other holidays. I try to talk toher about it and she says when she has her own then she will cut back.
    vtmam

Answer by vtmam at 7:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• My nieces and nephews were already older when I came into the family. I never went over board, but I had fun buying them gifts whenever I we would visit (we don't do Christmas.) I have a friend who has no children of her own and in addition to gifting she has set up college accounts for her niece and nephew - I think that is the best gift of all.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• No i dont spoil my kids and santa isnt real! I have a 5 yr and 3 1/2 year old daughters. I dont buy them more just because. they only get clothes for bdays and Yule. we dont celebrate christmas at all and i do tell them santa is fake and we buy the stuff. it doesnt bother them one BIT. And i can care less what yall think too :) I just wanted to let everyone know that you are spoiling him too much. the kid needs less crap
    Anonymous