What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

I've been trying all different types but haven't found one I really liked yet. I've heard the Aveeno Nourish is very good but haven't tried it. Has anyone tried it and did you like it? What other brands do you like and would say are good?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 4:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have my hair very short at the present and highly recommend Neutrogena Shampoo.  It cleans any of the residue that most shampoos leave behind and you are left with super clean hair without any goo left over.  It is by far the best shampoo I have ever used for a thorough cleansing.  I do not use a conditioner, they always leave a film on your hair.  It is a little bit more expensive than Herbal Essense and all the rest but it is well worth the expense.  My hair comes out truly clean and without any residue left over which is, in my opinion, the perfect shampoo.  My hair is naturally wavy and this provides the ideal cleansing agent.  It removes any build up.  You are left with beautiful, very clean and manageable hair which is the point.  Highly recommended. 

puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 9:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I am using herbal essences right now. I switch it up every time I run out. Last time it was Aussie, then before that it was treseme. Im not sure I've even seen the Aveeno nourish. Right now im really likeing herbal essences.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Have you considered trying "no poo". Make a paste with apple cider vinegar and baking soda. It will take your scalp a couple of weeks to adjust.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I have been using herbal essences too. I was not happy with Tresume when I tried it. I was going to buy some top shelf products yesterday but then I saw the price tag and I grabbed my sale price HE and ran like heck!

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I love all of the Phyto products!
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• As you will see, some products will work for some people and not for others.
    Herbal Essence will not clean my hair and scalp properly. Pantene leaves my hair oily and greasy - coated. I can't afford the expensive stuff.
    I've never tried the Aveeno type you are asking about, but if the price isn't too bad I say buy a bottle and try it.
    That is how I found out that TreSemme works for me - I took the chance on buying some one day several years ago and haven't used anything else since. What I like about their products is that they offer a Natural, a Moisturizing, and a Deep Cleansing shampoo & conditioner so I like to buy all three and switch out during the week. I've been told to switch your hair products, especially to a deep cleansing type, once in awhile so that you can strip your hair and scalp of any residues. Switching will also give it a new feel.
    I say try the Aveeno. :)
    Oh, DH swears by Dove.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Baking soda to clean, and apple cider vinegar/water to rinse.
    My hair has never been cleaner or healthier :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I use Pureology. It's the best you can buy, but it is rather expensive. However, it lasts a long time, because you don't have to use very much of it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I hated Aveeno.- made me look like a grease ball... Right now i"m using Dove, and not loving it. Before that it was Aussie-- I liked it alright.

I heard there's a new mint shampoo that I'm VERY interested in buying!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 7:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I bounce around with a few brands, Deva Curl(lo-poo) and Moroccan Oil Shampoo/conditioner, and Back To Basics,Ojon(for deep conditioning)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2009