What is my due date???????!!!!!!!

Ok, please help me understand...

-My first day of last period was 17 september
-Conception date: 24 september (I know it was that day, no proteccion used...it all happened what needed to happen all the way, lol)
-28 days between periods

My doctor prefers to go by standard 14 days after lmp as a norm...bringing it to june 24, but when I calculate by conception date it gives me june 17.
What is more likely? I knwo its just a week diffrence, but at this early stage it's fun to know if i am in week 13 of 14 it makes a huge difference.
What do you think mommies?

Momdenoe

Asked by Momdenoe at 6:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the 17th to the 24th isnt much of a difference. I mean odds are you wont have your baby on the due date anyways. I would just go by what the ultra sound said ( if you had an early one done)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I know but my ultrasound is at 20 weeks and im just curious...
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 7:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I'd stick with the one your doctor gave you.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 7:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• 38 weeks from conception.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• The drs are always going to go with the calendar starting from the day of your last menstrual cycle (40 weeks from then). That's just a standard calculation, unless the ultrasound is WAY different. Your dr's due date for you is the one that's going to determine when tests are done, and when they will induce (if that's something you're interested in and go past your due date) - so you should just go with them.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Conception date is way more accurate. When I had my first ultrasound, baby measured 6wks6d and that's exactly what I was but according to my LMP I was 7wk2d. Not much of a difference but not a lot of women know exactly when they conceive and I'd rather go by an accurate date.

I think the LMP due date is kind of "prejudice" against women who don't have normal periods and know when they conceive. Not every woman has 28 day cycles and conceives on day 14. When I set up my first prenatal appointment, they asked for my LMP. I told them I didn't know but I know the date I conceived and they went by that. Just ask if you can go by your conception date. It would bother me too lol
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 9:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I was just thinking....if your last period was Sept 17 and you say you had unprotected sex on Sept 24th....there is a possibility that you didn't ovulate and conceive until up to 5 days later. Ovulation on day 7 is kind of early, especially if you have 28 day cycles. It's more likely you ovulated and conceived btwn days 11-12.

It's early here, my brain didn't fully comprehend what you said lol But in this case, I would go with the doc but just know it could be a week off possibly. The 20 week ultrasound will give more answers but even that's not 100% accurate!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Ok thanks all for taking the time...That was really helpful ill just go by docs edd untill something changes.
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 10:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2009