What is the blister on the inside of ds' mouth?

My 11 month old, Mason, has had a cold for about 4 days. Yesterday his nose was still running, but he seemed to feel a lot better. This morning he is a little more clingy and he has wanted to nurse non stop. The I saw a blister on the inside of his lower lip. it is a little off to one side, not centered. Typical mom, I start thinking "flesh eating bacteria" and stuff like that. He has no temp. Hubby says calm down. HE doesn't think we need to take him to the ER for a blister on Christmas Eve. Has anyone had a baby with a blister like this. I would love for you to tell me it's nothing to worry about.

jdanielle82

Asked by jdanielle82 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh sorry just reread it i missed the part where you said it was on the inside of his lip. does he have teeth? i know sometimes i bit the inside of my lower lip while i eat and end up with a bump that sometimes turns into a blister. normally i leave it alone, but chew carefully so i don't bite it again and make it worse. not sure what to put on it though
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• probly just a cold sore. if it's just a blister, put some vasaline on it, no need to rush to the ER.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• lol maybe i should stop pressing the button until all the ideas come to me, it just hit me that if it's bothering him then maybe get him a popsicle or a frozen washcloth and let him chew on it a bit, it will numb it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2009