Is it ok too...

Is it ok to feed a one year old french toast without the syrup? Maybe with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar instead.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's what i do, i never give ds syrup, even w/pancakes. ds is 2 and he loves it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yes. I personally don't like syrup so I never use it for my grandkids. They don't need the sugar high either.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yes....I put yogurt on it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• yes - my son loves it, even without the powdered sugar!

Answer by missanc at 9:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I give my toddler limited amounts of syrup...as long as it is all natural maple and not the manufactured high fructose corn syrup kind, etc. Real maple actually has anti oxidants, etc. that are good for you in small quantities. It is a little pricy though.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yes, my DD loves it!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I give my DD peanut butter on hers, but at one I'm not sure if you're ready to try peanut butter yet. I never give her syrup!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• You can use jelly or jam. There are kinds that are all fruit. Applesauce.

I don't think syrup is all that bad in moderation. Sugar is sugar as far as the body is concerned. Studies show sugar doesn't make kids hyper no matter what parents think.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2009

• I try to limit my daughter intake of sugar that is not need at meals. So she has never had syrup on pancakes or toast she eats them with a little cinnamon.

BellazBabyMomma

Answer by BellazBabyMomma at 2:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2009