Bah Humbug

Anyone else dread these 2 weeks of Christmas/New Years? For me,its just a reminder of how our families play favorites and leave us in the dust.We got families having get togethers and "forgetting" to tell us,and then acting all surprised that we didn't come! My husbands family thinks that I'm not allowing him to see them,when in actuality,I'm not stopping him,we're just busy and tired from work and life.my family thinks my husband is weird because he doesn't fish,hunt,drink,or any of the "typical" things a man is suppose to do.So we got two families with preconceived notions,and no one is willing to accept the other's spouse,so they rally around the ones who fit into their ideals,and we're left behind.I gues I'm just frustrated that we can't even have a little bit of that wonderful Christmas so many others enjoy.....

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a friend that had this same problem. What she and her husband started doing a few years ago was spend Christmas at home with their four kids. One year they surprised the kids and spent it at a hotel with an indoor waterpark. They pass out Christmas gifts between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve and see their relatives on other holidays. Of course the relatives don't like it, but it works for her and her family.
    donzgurl

Answer by donzgurl at 11:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• wow both sides of the fam sound really immature. Don't they ever get tired of the same old crap each year?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I know all too well what you are dealing with , but don't let it spoil the spirit of Christmas for you. Do what I do spend it with those family members who count, your immediate family, they are the ones missing out not you!

Answer by older at 10:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• It has got to be irritating having to deal with that, but I agree with older, don't let them get to you, and enjoy the time you do get with your DH and child(ren?). Have a great time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Are we related? lol I live 700 miles away from my family for a really super good reason!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• its probably best if some families DONT get together for the holidays lol. but donzgurl has a point...i will now text my hubby to see if he would like to do that hehe starting next year of course.

we all need to do what we want to do. and my hubby doesnt do any of those activities as well, sometimes i wonder why he doesnt but then again...i suppose he bought that ice fishing house for something??? yeah your probably right...it will sit there for years on end.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2009