Obama supporters: why still stand behind this pretty-speech-giving but non-action conflict avoider!?

"Will help with people getting forceclosed on" : nope, done virtually nothing. 4% benefit from it when 1 in 6 is in danger of foreclosure

"Will help with health care": nope, instead we have this mess of "reform" that'll only give money to the insurance and pharma - mess with abortion rights - screw over people with PPO's - etc.

"Will reign in Wallstreet": nope, has done pretty much nothing and they actually had record bonuses, he keeps "asking" them to behave

"Will help with credit card thieves": nope, actually rates have tripled in some cases and continue to rise : he keeps "ASKING" them to behave!

"Will help free up money for small businesses etc." Baha he's asked banks to free up money and gave them billions to lend to the people, but most of that money is NOT going to the people - it's going to bonuses, vacations, and investing in foreign markets (Canada, China) mainly because there is no incentive to loan

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• to people in this economy and no regulations were imposed

"Will help create jobs with 25 billion$" Not at this rate, the unemployment rate MAY move .05 up. YAY ! *Waves little flag*

Ok. What about CHANGE? What has he CHANGED for the better? Why aren't you outraged that he keeps pussyfooting like this trying not to ruffle feathers?

This is not what I voted for. I voted for GOOD CHANGE, not NO CHANGE AND BAD CHANGE.

Come on???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• You should have paid better attention. All the info on Obama and the dems in congress who drive this agenda was out there before you cast your vote.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• because he's awesome!!!! woohoo!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Ok. What about CHANGE? What has he CHANGED for the better? Why aren't you outraged that he keeps pussyfooting like this trying not to ruffle feathers?

***
    Ah, see, no one ever thought to ask him what KIND of change he was talking about! Everyone who voted for him ASSUMED the change would be positive. Those damn double entondres will get you every time!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• As someone who voted for Obama, I also didn't set a high standard with my vote. Despite your attempts, as well as attempts from numerous others, to make him appear like he isn't a career politician... he's a career politician. This means he lies, he's not going to follow through on all of his promises, and that anyone who truly wants to know what's going on is going to have to work around the double speak that has been going on in DC for years. I didn't hold high expectations and I have yet to be disappointed.

To the anonymous person who asked the question, why do you care if someone chooses to stand behind their elected leader or not? In the end shouldn't we all support him even if we disagree? I know that when Bush was in office while I didn't like many of his policies I respected him as our leader and I treated him as such. Unfortunately, most of the American public seems to lack a general respect for our leaders.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I knew what we would get that is why I didn't vote for him.

I run a small business and would easily qualify for a loan and I have room to expand my business. There is no way in he double heck I would borrow money right now or expand though! The economy is bad and businesses have no idea what is coming down the road from our own government via taxes, fees and regulations. This administration is killing the small businesses in this country. IMO, unless something changes we will continue to bleed jobs until the 2012 elections.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• In the end shouldn't we all support him even if we disagree? I know that when Bush was in office while I didn't like many of his policies I respected him as our leader and I treated him as such. Unfortunately, most of the American public seems to lack a general respect for our leaders

I think on this point many of us disagree with the definition of support.  I support the office of the President, however everything this man is doing goes against my fundamental beliefs.  I cannot support his agenda or policy.  I will simply leave respect for the office he holds and the rest he has diminished himself.  I too didn't have great expectations of him and he is fulfilling my expectations and then some.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Who cares about his politics. The man is HOT! Didn't you see the picture with no shirt! Hot hot hot~~~
    Anonymous

• Um HELLO!?!?! Senate just passed HIS Healthcare Reform Bill. Something that NO ONE has been able to do. That's history. If that's not change, I don't know what is. Bottom line, he's a politician. All politicians tell their share of lies. Or, they actually believe in what they say, and then realize that it's not possible to do. I believe the latter is Obama. He really does want change for us, for the better. Is he focusing mostly on helping the poor people? YES. And I for one am damn happy about it. It's about time. Poor people work the hardest, but get treated like nothing but crap. Government should HELP, not completely FIX problems; especially when people created their own problems, like buying a home they can't afford, using credit cards they can't afford, and so on. I'm happy with Obama right now. And I doubt any of you nay sayers could do 1/4 the work he does.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• As someone who voted for Obama, I also didn't set a high standard with my vote. Despite your attempts, as well as attempts from numerous others, to make him appear like he isn't a career politician... he's a career politician.

***
    I thought he was all about change? I thought he was supposed to be the "young and fresh," answer to all of our prayers and was going to "shake up Washington?" I thought he was going to be different?

Now you're saying, he's just another "career politician," but without the career?! LOL Glad I didn't vote for him!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2009