Wondering...

Is wondering why the world worships the birth of the Sun God in accordance to Sun God doctrine and order of worship, yet they do it claiming it is in the honor of the God written in a Book of an entirely different doctrine and order of worship (i.e Bible) even though there is no mentioning of it in said book. Just one...... of those many things that make you go "hmmmmmmmm". Anyway, just food for thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Actually, Christ's birth is celebrated when it is because Christians were being killed by Romans for following him, so they hid the celebration on that day. Easter is celebrated when it is because it falls in relation to when Passover is celebrated. Passover dates back just as far as the Pagan holidays being cited. Eggs, chocolate bunnies, etc are all the secular aspects, not the religious ones. Santa Clause is the adaptation of the name St. Nick, who was a real live Priest who gave to the needy, but is a secular adaptation of a Christian figure, just like the tree and etc is a secular adaptation of a Pagan practice.

It isn't a matter of "stealing". There are only so many days and seasons in the year. It's not unexpected that there's going to be some overlap with dates...

btw - I'm Christian and one of my best friends (for almost 15 yrs) is Pagan. It's a matter of respect for all faiths.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:23 AM on Dec. 25, 2009

• I think the biggest reason is because nobody knows how it originated. And because it has gone on for sooooo long, it has all lost it's original meaning.

It is like me telling you that if your son is circumcised you are really Jewish. It has lost it's original meaning to most people and they do it for other reasons now.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Wondering why? Well it is simple. The European Christians wanted to convert the Pagans and thus they took most of their holidays and made them Christian. Read up on the history of religion and this is apparently clear. Christmas and Easter are the obvious ones, but I am sure there are others.
    Anonymous

• I agree anon, Christmas and the Lent are, but I do believe that Jesus was crucified and resurrected at the Passover as prophesied to the day by the prophet Daniel.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Because they stole everything in their 'religion' from other, more ancients myths and beliefs. What better way to force people to believe what they do than to take their holidays, rituals, stories and gods and make them theirs?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Good morning IhartU : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Mornin' Cin.big smile mini

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:44 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Wondering why? Well it is simple. The European Christians wanted to convert the Pagans and thus they took most of their holidays and made them Christian. Read up on the history of religion and this is apparently clear. Christmas and Easter are the obvious ones, but I am sure there are others
    ------------------------------

I agree. people just need to think, what does santa claus have to do with Christ' birth and what does chocolate eggs and bunny rabbits have to do with Christ' death and resurrection. nada!
    Anonymous

• confused

My Bible does mention the birth of Jesus and that's what I'm celebrating tomorrow.    If someone else is celebrating the sun god then good for them.  Its all what you choose to focus on.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Aw gee Anon...it's christmas eve.....go eat another candy cane and drink some more eggnog and let folks celebrate this day as they see fit. Besides, I hardly doubt that tonight as christians are sitting in their candlelight services tonight, they are focusing attention on the sungod.

Oh and......Merry Christmas...
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 1:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2009