is drinking hawaiin punch just as bad as drinking soda?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Dec. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It doesn't have the caffeine, but it has as much sugar. So - I wouldn't think of it as a good substitute, and I don't let my kids drink it, but if you're just looking for something caffeine free other than clear soda then yes.

Answer by missanc at 12:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Yes, it's loaded with sugar. Way more than soda. High caloric content , empty calories. It also happens to be one of my favorites. I craved it while pregnant.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Hawaiian Punch, Kool-Aid, soda, etc are all called soft drinks and all have NO nutritional value and A LOT of sugar. They are horrible for kids. If your kids like them, let it be a special treat, not an every day thing.

Milk, 100% juice, and water are best for kids.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• It's worse because of the red #40 dye. I'll let my kids have root beer or clear soda (7up, sierra mist, sprite) but I will never buy hawaiian punch.
    Anonymous

• Chemicals and coloring and too much sugar. No good or anyone.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2009